Vegetable noodle omelettes
We have it on good authority that these are HEAVENLY (not to mention super healthy), so enjoy! :)
- 200g packet vermicelli noodles
- 1 1/4 tablespoons peanut or vegetable oil
- 1 medium (120g) carrot, cut into thin strips
- 1 small (100g) brown onion, sliced thinly
- 1 small (150g) red capsicum, cut into thin strips
- 2 cloves garlic, crushed
- 2 tablespoons grated fresh ginger
- 2 baby buk choy, quartered lengthways
- 1/3 cup (80ml) hoi sin sauce
- 2 tablespoons light soy sauce
- 8 large eggs
- 1 cup fresh coriander leaves
- Light soy sauce, for serving
1. Prepare the noodles according to the packet directions; drain.
2. Heat 1 teaspoon of the oil in a wok or frying pan over a high heat. Add the carrot, onion, capsicum, garlic and ginger; stir-fry until fragrant, then add the buk choy. Stir in the sauces. When the vegetables are tender, remove from the wok; cover to keep warm.
3. Beat 2 eggs with 1 tablespoon water with a fork in a small bowl. Heat 1 teaspoon of the oil in the wok; add the egg and swirl to coat the base of the wok. Immediately, before the egg sets, swirl 1/4 of the noodles through the egg. Make sure there are no holes in the egg mixture. Reduce the heat.
4. When the egg has almost set, lay 1/4 of the vegetable mixture over one side of the egg. Top with some of the coriander. Season with pepper, if desired.
5. Using a spatula, carefully fold the omelette in half. Invert onto a plate, then repeat with remaining oil, egg, vegetables and coriander to make another three omelettes.
6. Serve omelettes with soy sauce and remaining coriander leaves.Not suitable to freeze. Vegetables suitable to microwave.
Yum yum yum! Thanks to food.ninemsn for the recipe.